Written by Ivan Chong
Tuesday, 20 January 2009 00:00
Nikon today announced a firmware update for Nikon D3: A firmware to Ver. 2.01 and B firmware to Ver. 2.01.
This service provides software for upgrading D3 A firmware to Ver. 2.01 and B firmware to Ver. 2.01. If these latest firmware versions are already installed in your camera, you need not proceed with download or installation of this Firmware Upgrade. Current firmware versions can be verified from the Firmware version item in the camera's setup menu. Be sure to upgrade both A firmware and B firmware to Ver. 2.01. Be aware that proper operation of your D3 is not guaranteed if either A or B firmware is upgraded to Ver. 2.01 while the other firmware is not upgraded.
Modifications enabled with upgrade of A and B firmware from Ver. 2.00 to Ver. 2.01
- Geodetic information is now displayed in ViewNX 1.2.0 or later and Capture NX 2 2.1.0 or later shooting information for images captured with the GPS Unit GP-1 mounted on the camera.
- Autofocus-response performance in focus mode C (Continuous-servo AF mode) with relatively dark subjects has been increased.
- When the AF-ON button is pressed, the monitor turns off and a focus point can now be selected using the multi selector.
- Photo information displayed in full-frame playback has been modified as follows:
- *HI-, LO- has been changed to Hi, Lo
*WARM TONE has been changed to WARM FILTER
*COLOR CUSTOM has been changed to COLOR BALANCE
- Manamah, displayed in the Time zone options for the World time item in the setup menu, has been changed to Manama.
- An issue that, in extremely rare cases, resulted in noticeable black dots in images captured with Long exp. NR in the shooting menu set to On has been resolved.
- When the Speedlight SB-800 was mounted on the camera with flash mode set to Distance-priority manual (GN) mode, and then the exposure meters were reactivated or the camera was turned on, the distance information displayed on the SB-800 changed. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that, in some rare cases, caused images captured with the following lenses to be under-exposed, has been resolved.
- *AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- *AF VR Zoom-Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED (5.0x)
Download Nikon D3 Firmware Update Version 2.0.1
Firmware Update Version 2.0.1(for Windows extraction)
Firmware Update Version 2.0.1 (for Mac OS X extraction)
Newer news items:
Older news items:
Last Updated on Friday, 23 January 2009 23:19