Make a search if you cannot find what you are looking for.
|Index News Media-Storage|
|Sony releases 16GB Memory Stick Pro Duo|
|Written by Nature Sniper|
|Friday, 11 January 2008|
Sony released 16GB Memory Stick Pro Duo to cater the need for High-Definition Camcorders at CES 2008. With an adaptor, one can use it for storage in their Sony Alpha DLSR. The usable capacity is 14.9GB and will be retailing about USD300.
SONY’S NEW 16GB MEMORY STICK PRO DUO MEDIA IDEAL FOR HIGH-DEFINITION CAMCORDERSLAS VEGAS (CES Booth #14200), Jan. 6, 2008 – Sony is expanding its high-definition recording options with the introduction today of 16GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media.
This large-capacity flash storage media is ideal for Sony’s new Handycam® camcorders, which rely on AVCHD™ compression technology. The new Memory Stick® card stores up to 110 minutes of high-definition video recorded in 1920 mode and almost six hours of HD video when shooting in 1440 LP mode.
About the size of a postage stamp, the card is the optimal recording media for HD content because of its ability to quickly and easily transfer large amounts of video content between devices. It can be removed from a camcorder and placed into the Memory Stick media slot in compatible computers for editing and sharing content.
The 16GB Memory Stick PRO Duo media card will be available in March for about $300 at sonystyle.com, at Sony Style® retail stores (www.sonystyle.com/retail), at military base exchanges, and at authorized dealers nationwide.
Mark 2 Certification
To designate AVCHD recording support, the Memory Stick PRO format has added the Mark2 certification. Memory Stick PRO media products with this logo meet the higher writing speed requirements and are certified to operate with AVCHD recording products.
- Olympus E3 announced
- Sony Alpha 100
- Offline for 3 weeks
- Sony to sell Compact Flash
- 2007: 10 Photo Industry Predictions Part 2 of 3
- Olympus Reduces E-400 Price
- Canon10.1 megapixel EOS-1D Mark III digital SLR.
- IDC reports on 2006 digicam market
- Lexar Launches Expresscard™ SSD with Auto-Backup Software; Next-Generation Solution for Notebook
- Sony launches Memory Stick PRO-HG memory cards
- Olympus expands Underwater Accesories
- Panasonic Lumix Brings Digital Photo Academy To 20 Cities Across The Nation
- Adobe Lightroom - My Top 10 Shortcuts
- Olympus to Launch E-1 Successor
- Western Digital myBook offers up to 1.5TB external hard drive
- Sony/Alpha Full Frame Lenses: 300mm f/4 and 600mm f/4 or200mm f/2.8? (Photo)
- New Sony Alpha, but when?
- A simple way to get more storage, $$ needed of course
- Toshiba announces 32GB and 16GB SDHC
- Sony poaches Nikon executive to boost DSLR business
- Olympus E-P1 in November 2007
- Canon Announces EOS 50D
- Olympus E-1 successor out 17 October 2007
- 12.2MP Sony A700 announced
- Transcend Releases Largest-Ever 16GB Capacity High Speed 133X CompactFlash® Card
- Press Release: Sony A700
- Update: Adobe Camera Raw 4.2
- KLPF: Olympus e510, 300mm, 7-14mm Half Cut Mockup
- Sony A700 High ISO Sample Photos (ISO 3200-ISO 6400)
- Sony A700 Firmware Upgrade
- Delkin World’s Fastest 16GB UDMA CompactFlash Card
- PhotoOnWeb Online Publishing
- Sony DSLR-A700 Camera Firmware Version 3 Update
- Sony Alpha 200 (A200) Photos Leaked
- Lexar Media Announces Crucial Solid State Drive (SSD) Product Line
- Sony Alpha 200 (DSLR-A200) Announced.
- Sony Alpha 200 (A200) ISO 100 - ISO 3200 Sample Photos
- Sony Alpha 200 (A200) Beijing Launch Sample Photos
- Sony-FIFA Partnership Agreement (2007-2014)
- ATP Announces the 32GB SDHC Class 6 Card
- Sony Alpha-LV (Live View) Coming Soon?
- Sony New Flash, 70-300G SSM and Carl Zeiss 24-70 F2.8
- Download Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 User Manual
- Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Chinese Advertisement
- Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Real World Sample Photo (ISO200-3200)
- Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Review with 100% Cropped Sample Photos
- Sony Alpha Korea Commercial (DSLR-A700 & DSLR-A200)
- Sony DSLR-A300 and DSLR-A350 at PMA08?
- Sony A300 and A350 Camera Body Photos
- PMA08: Sony Develops Full-Frame 24.81-Megapixel CMOS Sensor
- PMA08: Vario Sonnar T* 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA for Sony Alpha announced
- PMA08: Sony Alpha 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G Announced
- PMA08: Manufacturers Report
- First Look: Sony DSLR-A350 Sample Photo 100% Cropped
- Sony DSLR-A350 High ISO Sample Photo 100% Cropped
- Sony Alpha DSLR-A350 Official Sample Photo
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar F2.8 24-70mm ISO100-ISO 3200 Sample
- Vario-Sonnar T * 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Lens Test
- Photokina 2008: Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Full Frame Unveiled
- PIE2008: Sony Showcased Sony Alpha DSLR-A900
- PIE2008: Olympus E-510 Succesor
- Sony Alpha DSLR Commercial
- Sony SAL70300G Lens Review and Sample Photos
- Canon Announces EOS 1000D/ KISS F
- Canon announces development of own LCOS reflective LCD panels
- Sony Announces HVL-F58AM Flash Unit
- Nikon Announces Second Full Frame DLSR The D700
- Nikon Announces PC-E Micro NIKKOR 45mm and 85mm f/2.8D ED
- Sony Alpha a900 Full Frame Confirmed on 10 September 2008
- Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Confirmed?
- Photokina 2008: Sony Unveils Vario Sonnar T* 16-35mm f/2.8
- Transcend 300X 16GB CF card breaks 50MB/second
- SanDisk Announces Extreme III 30MB/s Edition SDHC Line
- Photokina 2008: Lexar Announces UDMA 300x 16GB CompactFlash card
- Nikon Announces D90 with HD Movie Recording
- Nikon Announces AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens
- Nikon Announces SB-900 Speedlight for Full Frame (FX)
- Tamron Announces SP AF10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) for Canon and Nikon
- Tamron Announces AF18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC
- Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Indoor Portrait with 100% Cropped
- Photokina 2008: Canon Announces 21 Megapixel EOS 5D Mark II with HD 1080p Recording
- Photokina 2008: Canon Announces EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Lens
- Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 ISO100-ISO6400 100% Cropped Comparison
- Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Wide Angle Sample Photos 100% Cropped
- PhotoPlus 2008: Sony Announces Professional Photographer Program