Make a search if you cannot find what you are looking for.
|2007: 10 Photo Industry Predictions Part 3 of 3|
|Digital Camera / dSLR guide|
|Written by Nature Sniper|
|Sunday, 21 January 2007|
Here’s the final part of the 2007: 10 Photo Industry Predictions. I hope you enjoy going through my thoughts.
2007: 10 Photo Industry Predictions Part 3 of 3
7. Online labs will go to war. Competition among online labs will heat up as more photographers try to figure out what to do with all of their image files. Who will win? Consumers, who can expect to pay unheard-of prices per print. For instance, Adorama's PIX photo lab recently ended a promotion where 8x10 prints were 99 cents and 11x14 prints cost only $1.99. Will there be similar promotions in the future? We're pretty sure there will be.
Nature Sniper: Printing online is great, being able to print online at an incredible rate is sweeter, and you bet you will get deals like this from time to time this year. The only catch: Beware of the delivery charges and the print quality, it is advisable to print few copies as reference before sending a mass amount of photos. You have been warned.
8. Pros will upgrade to Adobe Photoshop CS3. Heck, they've already started, downloading the beta version by the thousands.
Nature Sniper: Well, it is already here! I will be more excited with the release of Adobe Lightroom, a RAW management software.
9. Another one will bite the dust: In 2006 we saw Konica Minolta and Pentax bite the dust. I think we'll see at least one more big name in photography either merge with another company or simply go away. I'm hoping a big electronics company with interest in photography, like perhaps Panasonic or Epson, will buy what's left and keep the brand/lensmount afloat as Sony did with Minolta.
Nature Sniper: Olympus has been I the dust-reduction technology since years and only now then they realize the importance of it, aren’t them a bit too late? Will Panasonic be debut-ing their dSLR? Using Leica (3/4 – fourthirds ) mount maybe? Can we expect Nikon D300 to be equipped with Dust-Vibration (DR) technology?
10. We'll be here. Whatever happens in '07, we'll be here to cover the latest photo industry news, and are planning some great new features. So, bookmark this page!
Nature Sniper: Of course you need to be here, we need to verify your prediction in the coming year. Oh ya, masterchong.com will be here too!
- New microSD Card Connector Introduced by 3M
- Picking the Right Megapixel
- Adobe Lightroom Beta
- Nikon D40
- Displaying RAW files' Thumbnails in Adobe Bridge
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 beta to drop this friday
- Gallery: Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, Malaysia
- M-IFW (Malaysia International Fashion Week 2006)
- Back Online and On Business
- Sony to sell Compact Flash
- Ricoh Releases New GPS-Ready Digital Camera
- Nature Photography – A simple man’s passion
- 2007: 10 Photo Industry Predictions Part 1 of 3
- 2007: 10 Photo Industry Predictions Part 2 of 3
- Canon 40D in the house?
- Adobe announces Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom™ 1.0
- Panasonic DSLR camera to get Leica 10.7x telephoto lens
- Antarctica 2007 – What Worked? What Didn't.
- Built-in Sensor Cleaning Solution, Work?
- What version of Adobe Photoshop CS 3 to buy
- Toledoblade: Bluffton photo correction
- 'Ask the Icon' and 'Critique My Image' Offer Feedback, Image Reviews to Microsite Visitors
- LaCie Delivers 26" Widescreen LCD With Support For 95% AdobeRGB
- Remotes with Robert Hanashiro at Sports Shooter Academy 3 (video)
- FinePix S5 Pro Firmware (camera control software) Update Ver.1.06
- Midtone Sharpening with LBHR2: What, Why, and How
- Lightzone 2.4 Released
- UNDER THE BLUE: SCUBA SHOW 2007 COMPETITION
- Troubleshoot system errors or freezes in Adobe Photoshop CS3 on Windows XP
- Troubleshoot system errors or freezes in Photoshop CS3 on Windows Vista
- Troubleshoot system errors or freezes in Photoshop CS3 on Mac OS
- Adobe Photoshop CS3: Switching platforms, free upgrades
- Photo Mechanic 4.5.1 Public Beta 2 for Mac OS X and Windows
- The Microsoft Future Pro Photographers Photography Contest
- PDN gallery honours extraordinary photography
- Amazon acquires DP Review (dpreview.com)
- Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Review
- Olympus expands Underwater Accesories
- Camera Bits releases final version of Photo Mechanic 4.5.1
- Adobe Lightroom - My Top 10 Shortcuts
- Wildlife Photography at HOME
- Removing Dust Spots from Multiple Photos
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.0 Tips
- 3 Ways to Get Good Sunset Exposures
- Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2007 (KLPF)
- Update: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.2
- Update: Adobe Camera Raw 4.2
- 100 Free PhotoPresets for Adobe Camera RAW
- HDR Image Tutorial
- Canon EF L Series
- Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70-300mm F4.0-5.6
- Press Release: Opening of 1st Dedicated Imaging and Photography Event in South East Asia and the Pac
- Olympus E-510 á100/€150 Cash Back Promotion in UK
- Adobe Photoshop 10.0.1 update for Adobe Photoshop CS3 (Windows and Mac)
- Adobe Bridge CS3 2.1.1 update (Windows and Mac)
- Adobe Camera Raw 4.3 update (Windows and Mac)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.3 update (Windows and Mac)
- Nikon D300 Manual Download
- Adobe released Lightroom 1.3.1
- Photoshop to boost Kashmir CM image
- Get the most out of your camera
- Save the Film Campaign
- Sensors - does size and type matter by Think Camera
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.4 update
- Adobe Removed Lightroom 1.4 and Camera Raw 4.4 Update
- Adobe Launches Photoshop Express Public Beta
- Adobe Updates Lightroom 1.4.1
- Nikon D60 Cashback Promotion
- Nikon releases Capture NX 2
- Olympus E3 Free Flash Promotion
- Panasonic Confirmed DMC-L10K Replacement Model
- Photokina 2008: Panasonic Launches New Lumix G Micro System and DMC-G1
- Photokina 2008: Panasonic Launches 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 for Micro Four Thirds System
- Photokina 2008: Panasonic Launches 45-200mm F4.0-5.6 for Micro Four Thirds System