Make a search if you cannot find what you are looking for.
|2007: 10 Photo Industry Predictions Part 1 of 3|
|Digital Camera / dSLR guide|
|Written by Nature Sniper|
|Sunday, 21 January 2007|
ADORAMA released their 2007: 10 Photo Industry Predictions. I have broken then into 3 parts and have inserted some of my humble thoughts within it. Those in green are written by me. Here's part 1 :
1. The end of blur: In 2007, new technology will spell the end of out-of-focus subjects. Digital refocusing, a technology developed at MIT, has been patented and is being sold to camera makers. In samples we've seen, individual pixels in image files are "refocused" so out-of-focus subjects are sharpened.
Nature Sniper: With better technology means anyone can be a good photographer, if not a professional photographer. Maybe composition is the only technique that one needs to master to be a good photographer. One may think that the composition issue can be solved via cropping on high resolution photos, you are wrong as you would not want to stare on the computer screen cropping thousands of photos after a shoot.
2. Noises off: Digital noise produced by small sensors with too many pixels at high ISO settings will be reduced to acceptable levels by new on-board software. Users will pay a premium for this while older models that lack this feature will sell at bargain-basement prices.
Nature Sniper: Noise is what manufacturers are trying to reduce on their compact digital cameras instead of continuing with their megapixel war. Hopefully things will work out with this on-board noise reduction software.
3. The $500 starter DSLR becomes commonplace. They'll probably be 6MP models, and they will include a kit lens. Every manufacturer will produce a model to be competitive. But most enthusiasts will pony up a few hundred dollars more for an 8-10MP model.
Nature Sniper: The Nikon D40 for example is a good example, only in a matter of months from now stores will be retailing it at $500 tags. Canon, Olympus, Nikon may be coming out with their own budget dSLR soon.
Part 2 and 3 are on the way :)
- Olympus E-400 Japan Gallery by Dpreview
- Picking the Right Megapixel
- Adobe Lightroom Beta
- Nikon D40
- Three DIWA Gold Awards to recent Canon cameras
- Sony Alpha 100
- Gallery: Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, Malaysia
- Update on Nikon D40
- Ricoh Releases New GPS-Ready Digital Camera
- 2007: 10 Photo Industry Predictions Part 2 of 3
- 2007: 10 Photo Industry Predictions Part 3 of 3
- Canon 40D in the house?
- Adobe announces Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom™ 1.0
- Nikon D40 Review - Steve Digicams
- Canon10.1 megapixel EOS-1D Mark III digital SLR.
- Is Nikon to release an 18-megapixel D3
- Built-in Sensor Cleaning Solution, Work?
- The D40x Info Page
- Hasselblad H3D 31 First Impressions Review
- EOS-1D Mark III in Singapore
- LaCie Delivers 26" Widescreen LCD With Support For 95% AdobeRGB
- The Press Photographer's 2007
- First Look of Canon EOS-1D Mark III
- Midtone Sharpening with LBHR2: What, Why, and How
- Lightzone 2.4 Released
- The Microsoft Future Pro Photographers Photography Contest
- Nikon to debut D3? (Photos)
- 3 Ways to Get Good Sunset Exposures
- Sony A700 High ISO Sample Photos (ISO 3200-ISO 6400)
- Canon EF L Series
- Canon solved autofucus problem of EOS-1D Mark III
- Olympus Announces Three New Zuiko Digital Lenses For Quiet, Ultra-Fast Autofocus
- Press Release: Opening of 1st Dedicated Imaging and Photography Event in South East Asia and the Pac
- £50 Cashback on Samsung GX10
- Sony Alpha 200 (A200) Photos Leaked
- Sony Alpha 200 (A200) Beijing Launch Sample Photos
- Pentax K200D Digital SLR Fact Sheet
- PMA08: Canon's EOS REBEL XSi aka 450D, 400D Replacement
- PMA08: Nikon D60 Announced
- PMA08: Sony Develops Full-Frame 24.81-Megapixel CMOS Sensor
- PMA08: PENTAX Announces Pro Program
- DSLR sales rescue UK camera market
- Sony Alpha a900 Full Frame Confirmed on 10 September 2008
- Photokina 2008: Canon Announces 21 Megapixel EOS 5D Mark II with HD 1080p Recording
- PhotoPlus 2008: Sony Announces Professional Photographer Program
- Official Nikon D3x Photos Leaked